Lycra Mistral

 


Lycra Mistral by El Guincho!

 

 The VaM-style spell today is Lycra Mistral - the title coming from this song by El Guincho!

I think this album is one of my favorites - I usually prefer the music I listen a lot to in the form of an album - but full albums that are good are somewhat rare - a whole album where I can listen to every song in order is just one of those things that does not come up every time you like one song from the album.

This album is just exactly what it should be - I found it due to the music video for Bombay - it is very good and very memorable - Nudity and timing and striking images and sensuality and terror and sharp cuts in editing.

The whole album is extremely good - other tracks that would make good spells include - Novias (Girlfriends), Ghetto Facil (Easy Ghetto), Soca de Eclipse (Eclipse Clogs), Muerte Midi (Midi Death), Chica-Oh (drims) ((Girl-Oh)), and Danza Invinto (Invented Dance).

I really like music in different languages - but sometimes it can be too far when the langaue and culture are very unfamillair - so music is often a really cool bridge - and i think this album is one of my favorite bridges to a differet locale.
Other music that I think fits this category - Mambo Sinuendo by Ry Cooder and Manuel Galban - Talking Timbuktu by Ry Cooder and Ali Fourka Toure - Intro Bonito and Bonito Generation by Kero Kero Bonito - Kiko an the Lavender Moon and Colossal Head and La Pistola y El Corazon by Los Lobos - Jet Sounds by Nicola Conte - Tanto Tempo and Bebel Gilberto by Bebel Giberto - The Rhythm of the Saints and Graceland by Paul Simon - Saudade by Thievery Corporation - and I am sure there are others I am forgetting.

Anyways - here's more stuff that informed the spell:



Here are definitions of Lycra and Mistral - 

an elastic polyurethane fiber or fabric used especially for close-fitting sports clothing.

a strong, cold northwesterly wind that blows through the Rhône valley and southern France into the Mediterranean, mainly in winter.






Here is the best translation of lyrics I could find!

From the first goodbye
From the first goodbye
 
You like surfing
From the first goodbye
Plastic and brave
From the first goodbye
Snake in the sun
From the first goodbye
I saw you move in with me oo from the first goodbye
The pound and the skin from the first goodbye
And ensuciaroslo all Des of the first good-bye
With the cries of iodine, your edge of interest
 
Don't confuse me anymore, you've stopped scaring me and I'm afraid of
Throw me without looking at you approach
Sometimes, sometimes I extra eyes on your body
And I want, I want to look a little further away from you
Sometimes, sometimes I extra eyes on your body
And I want, I want to look a little further away from you
 
From the first goodbye
From the first goodbye
 
I came back to surf from the first goodbye
And as the surf went away from the first goodbye
Quick wave from the first goodbye
Truth frozen from the first goodbye
Stone given from the first goodbye
Broken and fused Ahhh
 
Don't confuse me anymore you've stopped scaring me and I'm afraid of
Throw me without looking at you approach
Sometimes, sometimes I extra eyes on your body
And I want, I want to look a little further away from you
Sometimes, sometimes I extra eyes on your body
And I want, I want to look a little further away from you






Here is the spell's effects!


Lycra Mistral


Duration: Until heat creeps in – 3 rounds per caster level


Range: In front of the caster’s faced direction 50 feet per caster level


A cold wind emerges – it breathes over the caster towards onlookers – pouring forth and settling down to stay.
It strikes anybody not wearing winter clothing with a chill – but not just a physical chill – an unearthly feeling, goosebumps break out and hair shifts in the wind.

Each round of being in the cold is -1 to morale, to both creatures and retainers.

If the caster maintains concentration – the wind will continue to follow them as they change their facing – for the duration still though.

If anybody goes to 0 morale from the effects of Lycra Mistral – they are polymorphed into octopi.

Miscast Table



1 – The cold wind is cold tentacles – they emerge from the caster’s back – who explodes into a writhing rift from which the tentacles intrude. Each touch of a tentacle is -1 morale to creatures and retainers + damage as a giant octopus. It tries to pull people through the hole – which lasts for the normal duration of the spell.


2 – The caster is humbled by the wind – which pounds at their back – and they become a retainer of the party – not a player character.


3 – The wind goes backwards, away from the way the caster is facing, not towards.


4 – The cold wind begins from your lungs, is isolated to the inside of your body, and it feels like you have an extreme case of pneumonia. Pneumonia rules up to the referee.

5 – Your fingertips become tiny alien octopi and try to eat the nearest bit of flesh (the rest of your fingers, currently). If severed off, they will continue to seek out food, growing exponentially if allowed to eat. They can be squashed like any other pest.


6 – Th caster of Lycra Mistral becomes an octopus – but retains the caster’s mind.


7 – When the spell ends – all those whose morale has been damaged gain what they lost +3.


8 – The wind is colder than usual – and the coldest part is focused on the caster – anything living that does not move as an action on the next available turn gets frozen in place – dying if not given medical care, with careful thawing.

9 – You summoned the wrong wind, this one carries with it large green bacteria that latch on to all nearby surfaces and eat all inorganic and dead material. The bacteria successfully chews through 1 inch of material every round but can be washed away with water or dissolved with alcohol.

10 – The wind is hot – and increases morale by one for each round spent in the heat – but if morale goes above twelve, the affected will burst into flames.


11 – The wind has a 50% chance to be result 10 and a 50% chance to be result 8 – reroll each start of round.


12 – If anybody goes to 0 morale from the effects of Lycra Mistral – they explode into a tentacle rift as per miscast result 1.


Miscast results 4, 5, and 9 by Dom over at BLEAKNIK


Comments