Honey

 


Honey by Moby!


 The VaM-style spell today is Honey  - the title coming from this song by Moby!

I have loved this song since early childhood - it got put on a mix-cd my godfather gave us, and this CD got heavy rotation.

I especially love it because of the vocals - It is a sample of Bessie Jones, Sometime - and I absolutely love the music in this style, and it is often well applied or interpolated, like Ram Jam - There is a lot of excellent American folk blues and soul samples - Later there will be a spell based on a Led Belly song!


Moby really makes this sample shine, and I am just a sucker for good sampling.


 


 

 
Here are definitions of Honey!
 


a sweet, sticky yellowish-brown fluid made by bees and other insects from nectar collected from flowers.

a yellowish-brown or golden color.

any sweet substance similar to bees' honey.

an excellent example of something.

darling; sweetheart (usually as a form of address)



Here are the Lyrics!


 

Get my honey come back, sometimesI wanna rap like that, sometimesI get a hump in my back, sometimesI'm going over here, sometimes
Get my honey come back, sometimesI wanna rap like that, sometimesI get a hump in my back, sometimesI'm going over here, sometimes
Get my honey come back, sometimesI wanna rap like that, sometimesI get a hump in my back, sometimesI'm going over here, sometimes
Get my honey come back, sometimesI wanna rap like that, sometimesI get a hump in my back, sometimesI'm going over here, sometimes
Get my honey come back, sometimesI wanna rap like that, sometimesI get a hump in my back, sometimesI'm going over here, sometimes
Get my honey come back, sometimesI wanna rap like that, sometimesI get a hump in my back, sometimesI'm going over here, sometimes
Get my honey come back, sometimesI wanna rap like that, sometimesI get a hump in my back, sometimesI'm going over here, sometimes
Get my honey come back, sometimesGet my honey come back, sometimesGet my honey come back, sometimesGet my honey come back, sometimes
Way down yonder, get my honey come backWay down yonder, get my honey come backWay down yonder, get my honey come backWay down yonder, get my honey come back
Way down yonder, get my honey come backWay down yonder, get my honey come backWay down yonder, get my honey come backWay down yonder, get my honey comeWay down yonder backGet my honey come back, sometimesI wanna rap like that, sometimesI get a hump in my back, sometimesI'm going over here, sometimes
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

Ok - here is the spell's effects!

 

 

Honey


Duration: Instantaneous

Range: 1 Mile per caster level


The caster names or otherwise specifies something and is summarily given directions, which come in the form of words only they can hear, on how to locate the best example of that thing in the spell’s radius.














Miscast Table

(Not all of these make sense as a secret roll, but some do – So roll secretly Referee!)
(Ones that should be secret are marked with an S)


S1 – Replace best with worst.

S2 – Insert Terrible before directions.

S3 – Insert Dangerous before directions.

S4 – Reduce the radius by one mile per word in the name of the something specified.

5 – The caster just sees the thing – they do not get directions.

6 – The directions are repeated over and over, getting louder and louder until they locate the specified something. If this gets loud enough, it may drive the caster insane, and very quickly will render them functionally deaf.

S7 – The caster absentmindedly specifies something wrong – and the referee picks what they specified.

S8 – The caster must maintain concentration while searching for the specified thing – if they stop concentration the specified thing will be interfered with by outside forces. Concentration is broken by damage or strenuous action.

S9 – The specified thing gains “bees” – some guardian or repercussion for locating it.

S10 – The next time the caster needs something, like really seriously needs it – they must save vs magic to not cast Honey in an attempt to find it – they must cast Honey, even if they do not have spell slots free.

S11 – The specified thing is “sticky” – some aspect or detail about it is now rendering it hard to utilize or move.

12 – The caster goes nuts and starts rushing without any care or stealth to get to the specified something – they will not stop until they locate it.

 

Comments