Flood

 


Flood by Jars of Clay!


 The VaM-style spell today is Flood - the title coming from this song by Jar of Clay!

I like this album, there is some interesting breakbeat stuff happening off somewhere in there, or at least I like the percussion (One example of what I mean about breakbeats being in there somewhere is Love Song For a Savior) - and the rest of the instrumentation so good - and I love the vocals.

It is all about Christianity, so I like to listen to it to consider that point of view and man, I just cannot stop listening to the tracks - They are all good.

All of them.

Liquid, Sinking, Love Song For a Savior, Like a Child, Art in Me, He, Boy on a String, Worlds Apart, Blind, and Four Seven - all good, and nearly all of these could be spells as well.



 

 Here are definitions of Flood!

 

an overflowing of a large amount of water beyond its normal confines, especially over what is normally dry land.

the biblical flood brought by God upon the earth because of the wickedness of the human race (Gen. 6 ff.).

the inflow of the tide.

a river, stream, or sea.

an outpouring of tears or emotion.

a very large quantity of people or things that appear or need to be dealt with.

cover or submerge (a place or area) with water.

become covered or submerged with water.

drive someone out of their home or business with a flood.

(of a river or sea) become swollen and overflow (its banks).

overfill the carburetor of (an engine) with fuel, causing the engine to fail to start.

arrive in overwhelming amounts or quantities.

completely fill or suffuse.

overwhelm or swamp with large amounts or quantities.

 

 

 

Here are the Lyrics!

 

Rain, rain on my face
It hasn't stopped raining for days
My world is a flood
Slowly I become one with the mud

But if I can't swim after forty days
And my mind is crushed by the crashing waves
Lift me up so high that I cannot fall
Lift me, oh
Lift me up - when I'm falling
Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again

Downpour on my soul
Splashing in the ocean, I'm losing control
Dark sky all around
I can't feel my feet touching the ground

But if I can't swim after forty days
And my mind is crushed by the crashing waves
Lift me up so high that I cannot fall
Lift me, oh
Lift me up - when I'm falling
Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again

Calm the storms that drench my eyes
And dry the streams still flowing
Casting down all the waves of sin
And guilt that overthrow me

But if I can't swim after forty days
And my mind is crushed by the crashing waves
Lift me up so high that I cannot fall
Lift me, oh
Lift me up - when I'm falling
Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again

Lift me up - when I'm falling
Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again  



 Here is the spells effects!

 

Flood


Duration: Instantaneous


Range: Immediate Area Around Caster



The heavens open up – and a deluge pours out, a great torrent of water pours from a peel in reality, a rip in what is. A crackling cloudy hazy concrete glowing crack, a yawning chasm like stone and wooded copse splits open above the caster, this is where gallons and gallons of water pour out.


This will flood the immediate area, as hundreds of gallons pour out in a great influx.


The water cures all ailments and restores all hit points to whoever it touches. Anyone touched by the water is also considered lawful for the rest of that day or night. The water cannot be contained or preserved, and will quickly flow away.


If anyone made lawful in this fashion acts in a way that he referee considers unlawful, they will be punished in a method decided by the referee.


The water itself will likely knock people over, push furniture and soil, might open or block doors, and will generally just cause a lot of changes in the area.

 

 

Miscast Table


1 – The water continues to flow for an hour.


2 – The water continues to flow for a day.


3 – The water continues to flow for a month.


4 – The water continues to flow for a year.


5 – The rift that opens is a vacuum, it will pull things in, anything smaller than the gap, which is about 3X1.5”. This rift leads directly to heaven.


6 – Whoops! The rift leads to hell! Magma pours out, becoming lava – and will likely kill the caster and people nearby.


7 – The water washes away all sins – the caster and anyone who is touched by the water loses all levels and experience – and they are now permanently lawful.


8 – The water is humbling – it grabs clothing and possessions along the way, any article of clothing or held object is washed away with the water. Oddly, this does not bother those who lost their possesions.


9 – The rift lingers after the water is over with – things from heaven are likely to come through to investigate.


10 – Whoops! The caster accidentally just casts Strange Waters II instead!


11 – The water has fish and other aquatic things from heaven. This will be good or bad or strange, that is up to the referee’s vision.


12 – The water has no effects.

Comments