Spell #34 Clout

 


 


 

Magic User Level 2

 Duration- Two instances of damage.

Range- Caster taking damage or dealing damage.

 

Clout- Any damage done by or to the caster does not deal any damage. Roll attack rolls as normal, and if they connect, roll damage, but instead of taking away hit points, the thing afflicted by damage is instead knocked backwards 5 feet for every one damage dealt. Colliding with anything larger than the thing afflicted stops them and does not do damage.

 

Example: I cast Clout, then next turn I hit my buddy Paul with an unarmed strike. I make an attack roll, and roll a 17 against his Ac of 14. This connects, and I roll damage for an unarmed strike, which is 1d2 hp damage. I roll a 2, and so Paul gets knocked ten feet straight back, which knocks him across the chasm safely.

 

 

So what is this spell good for?  Knocking people over gaps, jumping off a cliff and bouncing, knocking foes out of the room, making people fall out of your way, setting up insane monkey in the middle between mages, and lots more.

 

Comments